Setup Instructions For Mac Mail On OSX
This article will guide you through Mail.app setup to work with your Exchange mailbox.
To set up Mac Mail:
- Starting from the Mac Desktop, click the Macintosh HD icon.
- Select Mail.app.
- Open the Mail menu at the top of the screen and choose Preferences.
4. On the Preferences page, select Accounts from the top.
5. On the Accounts page, click the “+” at the bottom left of the window. Note for OS X Mavericks users: choose Exchange as account type on this step. This opens the Add Account window.
6. In the Add Account window, fill in the information and click Continue when done.
- Full Name: your name as you want it displayed on emails
- Email address: your Primary email address
- Password: your mailbox password
Note: if there is an Autodiscover record for your domain, the server settings will be filled in automatically and you can proceed with adding the account by clicking Create/Done (wording depends on the OS X and Mail.app versions). If not, continue with the following instructions on connecting to the server manually.
If you would like to set up an Autodiscover record for your domain, read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It? for more information.